Spice up your movie night with our twist on the traditional popcorn snack. Our spicy popcorn recipe is sure to keep the hunger monster at bay for the whole film.
Cook Time: 10 mins
3 tablespoons sunflower, canola or grapeseed oil (high smoke point oil)
1/3 cups of high quality popcorn kernels
2 tablespoons of butter
2 teaspoons (taste to preference) of Original Hot Diggidy Dog sauce
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan on medium high heat.
2. Put 3 or 4 popcorn kernels into the oil and cover the pan.
3. When the kernels pop, add the rest in an even layer. Cover and remove from the heat for 30 seconds. (This method first heats the oil to the right temperature, then waiting 30 seconds brings all of the kernels to near-popping temperature)
4. Return the pan to the heat, once the popcorn starts popping, shake the pan back and forth. Keep the lid ajar to let the steam out and you will result in drier/crispier popcorn.
5. Once the popping slows to several seconds between each pop, remove from the heat and put the popcorn into a kitchen paper lined bowl.
6. Put the pan back on a low-medium heat, add the butter and Hot Diggidy Dog sauce.
7. When the butter has melted, put the popcorn back in the pan and place the lid on top.
8. Shake the pan vigorously, also turning it upside down. This allows an even coverage of the chili butter.
9. Serve into the kitchen paper lined bowl.