This is a great dressing to accompany your Saturday BBQ or a beefy alternative to Caesar Salad, it’s an all round healthy, tasty and flaming hot meal. Our spicy beef salad is the ultimate man-salad.
Prep Time: Less than 30 mins
Cooking Time: Less than 10 mins
For the tangy dressing
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
4 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1-2 teaspoons caster suger (or to taste)
1-2 tablespoons honey (to taste)
½ small cucumber, halved lengthways, de-seeded and finely chopped
1 teaspoon Limed Hot Diggidy Dog sauce
For the beef
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
250g/9oz beef fillet, cut into thin strips
1 teaspoon rice wine or dry sherry
½ teaspoon Limed Hot Diggidy Dog sauce
1 teaspoon light soy sauce
Salad leaves of your choice
1. For the tangy dressing, mix together the light soy sauce, lemon juice, orange juice, vegetable oil, caster suger and honey in a small bowl. Mix well.
2. Add the cucumber and Limed Hot Diggidy Dog sauce, stir and set aside.
3. For the beef, heat a wok until smoking and add the oil, then add the beef and stir fry for a few seconds.
4. Add the rice wine or sherry and cook for one minute.
5. Add the Limed Hot Diggidy Dog sauce, light soy sauce and a pinch of pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until it is cooked to your liking.
6. To serve, scatter your choice of salad leaves and spoon the the chilli beef on top. Drizzle over the tangy dressing, serve immediately and gobble up your spicy beef salad.